I love a good birthday! And, as most of my fans know, I never need an excuse to get crafty! Birthday’s are the perfect opportunity to practice your card making techniques. This Tattered Lace cupcake card is perfect for every cake-lover in your life (and, let’s face it, who doesn’t like cake?) Plus, with the latest series of The Great British Bake Off just about to hit our TV screens, there couldn’t be a better time to brush up on your die cutting skills and make this cute little cake-themed card!
Tattered Lace Cupcake Card
You Will Need
- Die Cutting Machine
- Tattered Lace Butterfly Embossing Folder
- Tattered Lace Cupcake Die
- Tattered Lace Happy Birthday Die
- White Card Stock
- Pearl White Card Stock
- Baby Pink Card Stock
- Red, Green, Yellow, Pink Alcohol Pens
- Spun Sugar Distress Ink
How to Make
- Cut and fold a piece of cardstock to create a 16.5 cm square card base. Using Tattered Lace Butterfly Embossing Folder, emboss a 15 cm square piece of card. Mat onto pink card and trim to create a thin border. Mat onto the card base using foam pads.
- Using Tattered Lace Butterfly Embossing Folder, emboss a 12.5cm square piece of card. Mat onto pink card and trim to create a thin border. Mat onto the card front using foam pads.
- Using the Tattered Lace large cupcake die, cut one cupcake and one cherry from white pearl cardstock. Using your alcohol ink pens, colour as shown. Stick the cupcake to a piece of white pearl card stock and trim around the edges. Stick to the front on the card using foam pads, with the cherry overlapping the cupcake ‘topping’.
- Emboss a piece of white pearl card stock using the tattered lace butterfly embossing folder border. Pick three butterflies that have been embossed, and cut around to create three butterfly embellishments.
- Using spun sugar distress ink, gently colour the edges of the butterflies. Using foam tape, stick to the front of the card as shown.
- Using the Tattered Lace Happy Birthday Die, cut one from pink card stock. Cut a piece of white pearl card stock to 14 cm x 1.5 cm and cut a ‘V’ from both ends to create a banner. Stick the sentiment to the banner, and then to the front of your card using foam tape.