Wedding Sweet Table
Sweet tables have become incredibly popular to have at weddings, they’re great as you can have a selection of sweets that will hopefully appeal to all of your guests, and they can be easily topped up as the day goes by.
Upcycle old jars and tie pretty ribbons in bows to decorate, make sure to provide paper bags and metal scoops or tongs so that your guests can feel free to help themselves . . .
Allow: 1 hours and 30 minutes
Skill level: Beginner
You will need
- Selection of jars
- Heart craft punch
- Selection of card
- Glue gun
- Paper bags – so you guests can take as many as they like
How to make
- Select your jars, make sure that they squeaky clean inside and out!
- Tie your chosen ribbon around the neck of the sweet jar, securing with a bow at the front. Use pinking shears to trim the ends of the ribbon to prevent them from fraying.
- Punch out the large heart using the Kraft card and the larger of the two heart craft punches and write the name of the sweets on one side of the heart.
- Using the smaller heart craft punch and the gold glitter card, punch out another heart.
- Cut a 10cm length of twine, fold in half and then thread the loop through the ribbon around the neck of the jar.
- Using a glue gun put a blob of glue in the centre of the large Kraft heart and stick both ends of the twine (be careful as the glue will be hot, use an old pencil to push the ends of the twine into the glue). Whilst the glue is still tacky, position the smaller gold heart on top, squeeze both hearts together to secure.
- Fill with your choice of sweets.