Swashbuckling Pirate Treasure Hunt Game
Kids love searching for hidden treasure, and this pirate treasure hunt game is no exception! When the five circles of this ‘map’ are put together the words line up to reveal where the treasure’s hidden. Hide the clues to the location of the circles around the house and watch the kids’ glee as they find them.
Pirate Treasure Hunt Game
Skill level – Intermediate
Allow – 2 hours
You will need
- Five different-sized circles of card
- Five sheets of A4 paper
- Paper fastener
- Cold coffee
- Black paint
- Assorted Pirate stickers
- Mache box
- Gold spray paint
- Chocolate coins
How to Make
- To make the treasure map, start by cutting out five different-sized circles of card.
- Using a stencil, paint on the words, making sure that they overlap on two circles. Leave to dry.
- Sponge each circle with a weak solution of cold coffee to give it an aged effect.
- Make a hole in the centre of each circle. Push a paper fastener through the smallest circle before adding the pirate stickers.
- Print out the five clues to the whereabouts of the circles on A4 paper from a computer (this is the easiest way, though you could also write them). Age the paper with coffee in the same way as the paper circles.
- Finally, spray the treasure chest with gold paint and fill with chocolate coins. Hide this before the guests arrive!