How to Make Pom Pom Animals
Easter is well on its way, and we couldn’t resist trying our hands at making some very cute (if we do say so ourselves!) pom pom animals with Kirstie Allsopp’s favourite Clover Pom Pom Maker. Of course, you could always use more traditional pom pom making methods too. Here’s how we made our pom pom animals . . .
Time to make : Around 30 minutes
Suitable for : Beginners
Pom Pom Rabbit
- Start by using two Clover pom pom makers (we used the green and the orange one) to make the body of the rabbit.
- Using a knitters needle (this is a needle with a large eye, to allow thicker wool or yarn to pass through it) and some of the wool or yarn, secure both poms together by placing the smaller pom on top of the larger one.
- Cut ear shapes out of felt and secure in place with a little glue (make sure to follow the instruction for application on the back of the pack or bottle).
- Using a needle and some black thread stitch the beads in place to make the eyes for the rabbit.
- To make the rabbits whiskers simply cut an even number of lengths of invisible thread (we cut 6 in total, 3 for each side) and place a small amount of glue on the end and stick in place.
- Your rabbit is complete!
Hints and Tips
If you would like to give you rabbit a nose or tail why not add a ready made smaller pom applied with a little glue?
If you would like to make the smaller baby rabbit use the orange an pink Clover Pom pom maker.
Pom Pom Chick
- Start by making two pom poms using the green Clover pom pom maker to make the head and body of the chick.
- Using a knitters needle and some of the wool or yarn, secure both poms together by placing one pom on top of the other.
- Using a needle and some black thread stitch the beads in place for the chicks of the rabbit.
- Cut a bow and small beak shape out of felt and secure in place with a little glue (make sure to follow the instruction for application on the back of the pack or bottle).
- Your chick is complete!