Painted Sleigh Advent Calendar Project
Christmas is on the way and if you listen really closely you might just hear sleigh bells in the distance! Well, maybe not, but with this fun Reindeer Sleigh Advent to help you count down the days, it won’t be long before Rudolph and co are here.
This is a great project to get the kids involved with in the run up to Christmas and can be filled with whatever you like!
Project with thanks to Debbie Thorne
1. Remove the drawers from the advent and glue and glitter the fronts. Leave to dry.
2. Paint the main body of the sleigh red, the runners gold, and the reindeer brown. Leave to dry.
Top Tip! To make the advent easier to decorate, untie the reindeer.
3. Once the paint is dry apply the decorative paper to the top, back and front of the advent using PVA glue.
4. Glue the numbers in place on the front of the drawers using PVA glue.
5. For extra decoration stipple gold onto the reindeer’s antlers, feet and tail, and use a black pen to add in his eyes.
6. Glue button clusters to the sleigh, and then to complete the advent tie a gold bell around the reindeer’s neck.