Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I always love to make my Mum something special. I am obsessed with all things pastel and hearts at the moment and set about making an easy-to-make bunting and button canvas.
DIY Bunting and Button Canvas
Allow : One hour 30 minutes
Skill level : Beginner
What You Need
- Selection of pastel coloured buttons
- Box canvas – I used an eight by ten inch box canvas
- Selection of papers
- Adhesive letters (optional)
- Twine or equivelent
- An adhesive that will secure buttons to canvas (the back of the packaging should be able to provide further information) – I used a hot melt glue gun
How to Make
- Start by drawing out a faint heart shape in the centre of your canvas.
- Completely cover the heart with buttons making sure to place buttons over the pencil line of the heart (this will help to disguise it).
- For extra decoration I threaded some twine through the holes of one of the largest buttons and tied a bow on the front.
- Once happy with the arrangement of the buttons start to glue in place one at a time.
- Whilst the buttons are ‘setting’ cut out your triangles for the word bunting that will run along the top of your canvas. Tip; use the canvas as a guide as to how big you should make the triangles, and how long to cut the length of twine.
- Using adhesive letters, spell out your greeting. Alternatively you could hand-write this on.
- Attach each triangle to the length of twine using an adhesive (again I used my hot melt glue gun), tying a bow at each end.
- Secure the bunting in place using a small blob of glue under the central point of each bow at either end.
- Leave to dry and admire your beautiful bunting and button canvas!