How to Make a Tree Advent Calendar
Get ready for the countdown to Christmas with this great tree shaped advent calender. The wooden advent comes blank so you can decorate it in any way that you choose, from patterned papers to glitter, it’s a great project for getting all members of the family involved with.
Fill each drawer with sweet treats and craft supplies or even cryptic messages, revealing a location as to where an extra special treat might be hidden. Let’s get making!
How to by Debbie Thorne
Suitable for: Intermediate
Time to allow: Three hours
1. Remove the drawers and paint the body of the tree. Leave to dry.
2. Glue the papers to the drawer fronts in a hotchpotch fashion using two patterns per drawer. Leave to dry.
Top Tip!…”Snip into the paper by half a centimetre and fold the corners out to fit the paper around the drawer knob. Trim the paper edges flush once the glue is dry.
3. Slide the drawers back into place and lay the tree flat.
4. Stick on the felt numbers.
5. Brush PVA onto a large wooden star and sprinkle on gold glitter. Tap off excess and leave to dry. Spray with hairspray to fix any loose glitter in place.
6. Glue the star in place and leave to dry flat on the advent tree.