How to Make a Punched Snowflake Box Frame
Looking to hand craft a present for a loved one this Christmas… Something that can be put together quite quickly and looks fantastically festive?
Why not have a go at creating a snowflake box frame? It only requires very simple materials that will look absolutely stunning when put together.
The great thing about this make is you can personalise it in any way! You could use different colours instead of the traditional red, white and green or even create a unique message for that special someone.
1. Cut out lots and LOTS of snowflakes using the 1.5mm snowflake punch and white card.
2. Before gluing anything in place, take your 12″ x 12″ red glittery card (background) and practice arranging the punched snowflakes in a way so that they create a bigger snowflake.
3. Once you are happy with the arrangement, stick these onto the card using mini foam pads. You can layer up the snowflakes to give the bigger snowflake dimension.
4. Take the red and white twine and cut out a piece long enough to go across the front of the piece of card and enough to wrap around the back (where you will then stick it).
5. Use the thicker stickers to create a message under the snowflake. ‘Let it Snow’ was perfect for this!
Although the stickers are already adhesive, you will need to use some all purpose glue to keep the stickers stuck down to the twine and card. This is because they are not being applied to a flat surface.
6. Using white glittery card and a smaller snowflake punch, create lots of snowflakes (just as you did in step 1, but on a smaller scale)! These will sit loose inside of the frame with the small snowballs.
7. All that is left to do now stick double sided tape onto the back of the red glittery card, sticking it on to the backing board. Before closing up the frame, remember to sprinkle some small snowflakes and mini snowballs inside.