As soon as spring hits there are always flowers in our house, these pom pom flowers are great as you can use colours that compliment your home, and best of all they last forever, rather than a few weeks . . .
How to Make Pom Pom Flowers
Time to make : Around two hours to make ten pom pom flowers
Skill level : Beginner
You Will Need
- Wire cutters
- Embroidery thread in a variety of green shades
- Wool or Yarn
- Pom pom makers
- Glue gun
How to Make
- Start by making your pom poms, I made a variety of sizes in six different colours.
- Next cut you wire using wire cutters, you will need to make sure that you use quite thick wire as it needs to be able to support the pom pom flower head. I cut the wire in varying lengths no longer than 25 centimetres, however the length that you cut the wire will depend on the height of the vase that they’ll be displayed in.
- Place a blob of glue on one of the ends of the wire and carefully (NB be careful not to burn your fingers on the hot glue!) wrap the embroidery thread around the wire so that it is held in place by the glue. Continue to wrap the embroidery thread up the entire length of the wire, using another blob of glue at the top of the wire, and then winding the thread around the glue to secure in place.
- Cut off any loose threads at the bottom or top of the stem using scissors.
- Place a large blob of glue on the end of the stem and then place the pom pom on top, holding in place for a few seconds to secure.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to make as many pom pom flowers as you like!
Hints and Tips
Why not use two different colours of embroidery thread to wind up the steam of the flower pom pom?