These beautiful painted ceramic eggs are perfect for decorating the house this Easter. The eggs come blank for you to decorate in any which way you like.There are so many different finishes you can apply, from acrylic paint to glitter, adhesive gems to illustration pens, the possibilities are endless!
I love to paint, so have gone for acrylic paints to decorate my eggs, with a small amount of gold glitter to add a little bit of sparkle.
How to Make Painted Easter Eggs
Suitable for – Beginners
Decorating time – 30 minutes
You will need
- Ceramic egg decoration kit
- Selection of acrylic paints including gold
- Masking tape
- PVA glue
- Gold glitter
How to make
- Paint your eggs with the acrylic paint in different shades of yellow and orange, changing the colour as you go to form a gradient.
- To create gold stripes and patterns, cover your ceramic egg in masking tape and paint over the top. Once dry remove the tape and tidy up any white patches.
- For gold glittery eggs, cover the egg in PVA glue and then sprinkle gold glitter over the top.
- For all eggs, leave to dry overnight until set.
The decorated eggs look great hung on a white twig tree with some twine.