Inspired by Kirstie Allsopp
In preparation for getting my Christmas tree this weekend, I have been busy making some beautiful glittery baubles, inspired by Kirstie Allsopp. They’d not only look good on a Christams tree, but also hung on cabinets, and you could even attach them to a homemade wreath. Here’s how I made mine:
You Will Need –
How to Make
- Start by preparing the surface that you’re working upon with an old table cloth or newspaper.
- Using a paint brush cover half of the Styrofoam ball in PVA glue. Pour your chosen colour of glitter onto some newspaper and dab the part of the Styrofoam ball covered in glue into the glitter.
- Leave the Styrofoam ball to dry for around two hours.
- Once dry cover the remaining area in PVA and glitter, leave to dry again for at least 2 hours.
- To make the string that will enable your bauble to be hung, cut a length of ribbon or twine, fold in half and knot. Place a pearl head pin through the knot and into the Styrofoam.
- Hang in pride of place on your Christmas tree.
Hints and Tips
- Use rolls of tape to place the baubles on whilst they are drying.
- Why not try mixing two different colours of glitter to stick onto your Styrofoam bauble.