How to Make Cardboard Tube Easter Bunnies
I love delving into my craft supplies and seeing what I can make with a few simple items. These adorable Easter bunnies are made using a cardboard tube which you may find you have already. Gift wrap tubes are perfect, just cut down to the desired size, you’ll be over run with Easter bunnies in no time at all!
Suitable for – Beginners
Time to make – 30 minutes per animal
- Paint the tubes with two coats of white or grey paint.
- Cut out the ears, using white felt for the outer ear and pink felt for the inner ear. Glue the pink part onto the white and leave to dry.
- Glue the ears in place onto the back of the tube at the top.
- Draw around the tube on a sheet of white foam and add feet shapes. Cut these out and glue onto the base of tube.
- Cut a rounded strip of white felt for the arms measuring 17 centimetres long. Dot a bit of glue in the middle and attach the arms to the back of the tube. Then use a dab of glue to stick the paws together.
- Glue a pink pom pom onto the centre of the tube for a nose and draw eyes on using a black pen.
- Glue a white pom pom onto the back of the tube for the tail.
- Insert the flower (see below for how to make) into the arms and trim off any excess steam.
To make the flowers
- Cut out flower petals from pink and yellow foam. Layer up the pink and yellow flowers on top of each other.
- Insert a green pipe cleaner through the centre of the flowers. Glue a small pom pom onto the centre of the flower to cover the sharp edge and secure the pipe cleaner.