No princess themed birthday party would be complete without a fairy tent. Simply hang from the ceiling and fill with mountains of cushions and blankets for the princess to sit in pride of place with all of her guests . . .
Skill level – Intermediate
Allow – 2 hours
You Will Need
- Small hula hoop
- 10 metres od 115cm-wide fabric
- 1 metre of sparkly fabric
- Gaffer tape
- Glue gun
How to Make
- Cut the fabric into three lengths , each 3 metres long. Turn over 1 inch on the top of each piece and hem.
- Next, cut the hula hoop and thread it through the casing on all three pieces of material. Re-join the two cut ends of the hula hoop with gaffer tape.
- Now cut the last metre of fabric into a circle: fold it into quarters, draw an arc and cut off the corners. Once you have your circle, find the centre. Pull it up into a point and tie a ribbon around it in a knot.
- Pin and pleat the circle of fabric to the hoop.
- When you’ve finished doing that, use the glue gun to stick the two bits of fabric together. Glue within the pleats, taking the pins out as you go.
- Let the glue cool down and then go around and trim off the excess material.
- Cut scalloped edges out of the sparkly fabric and attach it using the glue gun.
- Finish off with ribbon.