Let out your inner animal with this fabulous painted paper mache lion mask. Perfect for dressing up parties, or as a fun project to do with the kids.
Allow : One hour, plus drying time
Suitable for : Beginners
You Will Need
- Gold tissue paper
- Gold crepe paper
- Mache mask
- White and black paint
- Paint brushes
- Brown feathers
- PVA glue
How to Make
- Rip strips of the gold tissue paper and using PVA glue stick this onto the mask and then leave to dry.
- Next paint on the eye line, mouth, whisker dimples and nose using the black paint, and then the ears, eyebrows and mouth using the white paint.
- Allow all of the paint to dry completely.
- Using PVA glue attach the feathers to the top of the mask between the ears to create the front of the mane, and then PVA glue the feathers to the side of the mask.
- Roughly rip 2.5 cm wide strips of gold tissue paper, and stick in place on the back of the mask with sellotape. Once you have gone all the way around the mask with the tissue paper, trim to the desired length.
- To keep the mask in place, cut two pieces of ribbon to roughly 20 cm and secure in place on the sides of the mask using sellotape.
To make the mane stand out more, scrunch gently with your hands, to crumple the paper slightly.