If you’re anything like me, you’ll have hoards of unused and unloved empty jars lurking in a cupboard somewhere. Why not upcycle them by spray painting and turn them into beautiful vases for some lovely fresh cut Spring flowers?
Jazz Up Your Jars
Allow : 30 minutes + drying time
Skill level : Beginner
You Will Need
- Old glass jars
- Spray paint
How to Make
- Before starting make sure that all the glass jars you are intending to use have all their labels removed, are clean and most importantly dry.
- Before you start using the spray paints make sure that you are in a well-ventilated area, and that all surfaces are covered with newspaper to prevent any of the paint from going onto any unwanted work surfaces.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the can, making sure to shake the can vigorously before starting and hold it the specified distance (you will find this on the back of the spray paint can) away from the jar. When spraying the jar make sure that you do not apply too much paint as this will cause the paint to run down the jar and will not leave an even, smooth finish.
- Once the sides of the jar have been completely covered leave the jar to dry in a well ventilated area.
- Once completely dry, fill with water and display your cut flowers.
Hints and Tips
If you don’t have any jars in your home that you want to use, you can buy jars in all different shapes and sizes!