How to Print a Pineapple T-shirt
I just can’t get enough of pineapple prints at the moment!
Not content with just making a pineapple cushion I grabbed my fabric pens (this time opting for some glow in the dark ones), to create a t-shirt that’s perfect for a summer party after the sun has gone down . . .
Time to make : Two hours plus overnight drying time
Suitable for : Beginners
How to Make
1. Iron your t-shirt so it is nice and flat, then pop the print out underneath. If you cannot see the picture through the t-shirt, remove it and over draw it with a Black Sharpie pen to make the image stronger.
2. Take the green fabric glow paint and give it a good shake, then careful start outlining the leaves of the pineapple, tracing the pattern you see through the t-shirt fabric.
3. Next take the orange glow paint, make sure you shake it well, then trace the pineapple shape.
4. Now take the yellow paint and draw a little squiggle in each of the pineapple segments. This will give it definition.
5. Leave your t-shirt to dry flat for at least four hours – although I found it was more like seven hours to ensure a good adhere. It can be washed after 72 hours.
Now to go to a party and watch your t-shirt come to life when the lights go down!