How to Make Retro Lightbulb Cupcakes
Bring a bit of nostalgia back to the kitchen with these retro lightbulb cupcakes! Go for primary colours for that classic Christmas string lights look, or pick your own favourite shades. A great quick and easy make for a party, bake sale or just a yummy afternoon snack!
- 250g Renshaw Poppy Red Ready to Roll Icing »
- 250g Renshaw Tiger Orange Ready to Roll Icing »
- 250g Renshaw Yellow Ready to Roll Icing »
- 250g Renshaw Emerald Green Ready to Roll Icing »
- 250g Renshaw Atlantic Blue Ready to Roll Icing »
- 250g Renshaw Jet Black Ready to Roll Icing »
- 2 x 400g Renshaw Royal Icing pot »
- Pre-baked red velvet cupcakes »
- Cooled boiled water
1. On a clean, dry surface knead a small amount of each colour Ready to Roll Icing separately until pliable.
2. Break off a small pea-sized piece of icing and roll into a smooth ball, taper each end of the ball to make a pointed oval. Repeat this process until you have enough ovals in every colour for each cupcake. Set aside coloured ovals to dry.
3. Royal Icing preparation: Prepare a large piping bag fitted with a large plain piping tube.
4. Empty contents of Royal Icing into the bowl of a stand or hand held mixer. Beat on high speed for a couple of minutes and add a small amount of water until light and airy.
5. Transfer Royal Icing to prepared piping bag and pipe a generous swirl of whipped Royal Icing onto each cupcake one at a time.
6. Take a large pea sized ball of Jet Black icing and roll into a long, thin sausage. Wrap the sausage around the Royal Icing topping from bottom to top and trim off any excess with a clean, sharp knife.
7. Then, making sure they are equally spaced; push the dried ovals into the Jet Black icing starting from top to bottom and alternating in colour.