How to Make Foiled Ceramic Eggs
Metallics are the colour of the moment, and who doesn’t love to add a bit of shine around their home? These foiled ceramic eggs are colourful with a touch of luxe, from the gold foil flakes. Use your own colour palette or stick to classic pastels for a spring feel.
1. Paint the top half of the eggs using your craft acrylics.
2. Now paint the bottom half of the eggs. Use an egg cup or similar to balance the egg on to paint it. Repeat steps one and two until evenly coated.
3. Paint the bottom half plus a bit more of a bauble with the gilding paste. Wait 10 to 15 minutes – you can rest the egg on an egg cup.
4. Tip the gold flakes into a bowl and when the ten to fifteen minutes are up, dip the bottom of the egg into the gold flakes. Make sure that all the gilding paste is covered. Use a soft brush to brush off the excess.
5. Using a towel, rub the egg quite hard to take off any small bits of gold that are sticking out and to shine the gold up a bit.
6. If there are any obvious gaps that you want to fill in then just paint on a bit more gilding paste, wait the ten minutes and repeat step five.