How to Make Felt Bird Brooches
These cute felt bird brooches are the perfect project for craft beginners, and also make a great gift. Why not try making your birds in all different colours of felt for something a little bit different?
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to allow : 45 minutes
- Using the template, cut out two bird shapes from a piece of felt. Cut out a contrasting colour ‘wing’ and stick to one of the bird pieces.
- Thread a piece of cord onto a flower button and tie a bow.
- Stitch the flower button to the wing and a star button ‘eye’ on the birds’ head.
- Cut a small length of ribbon, fold in half and stitch to the back of the bird to make the ‘legs’.
- Then stick the two bird pieces together.
- Finally, sew a small bar brooch on to the back of the finished bird.