How to Make Easter Bunny Ears
An Easter morning egg hunt wouldn’t be complete without a bit of dressing up to get in the Easter spirit. This super cute and fluffy how to make Easter bunny ears tutorial is the perfect accessory for any avid egg hunter.
Make the bunny ear shapes from pipe cleaners and attach to your headband, and then choose your preferred colour of chunky wool or yarn and get wrapping! For these bunny ears I’ve used paper flowers but you could use fresh cut flowers if you prefer.
– Adult help and supervision will be needed throughout this make.
Project by Hannah Read-Baldrey.
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to make : 45 minutes
1. Start by making ear shapes with the white pipe cleaners, using two pipe cleaners for each ear. To make the ear shape, bend the pipe cleaner in half and round the ‘sides’ of the ear.
2. Once happy with the shape of your rabbit’s ears attach to the headband. To do this twist the open ends of the pipe cleaners around the headband.
3. Start wrapping the wool/yarn around the ears first, then the headband for a seamless finish.
You can wrap the wool a couple of times, this will make the ear more secure and also hide the join better.
4. Once you’ve been around the whole band its then up to you whether you would like to go around it again with your wool/yarn, this will give the ears a chunkier and fluffier look.
5. Secure the ends of the yarn/wool with a glue gun and leave to dry.
6. To attach the mini flowers, detach stems from bunch. Wrap wire ends around the hairband, alternating flowers, starting from either side of the ears.
7. To line the ears, pull away the plastic sheet on the sticky back felt and carefully attach your fabric.
Make sure your fabric is ironed and has no creases.
8. Lay the ears over the top of the fabric and mark the shape with a pencil from the outside of the ear, making sure to place the ear on a nice area of the pattern. Cut out the shapes and attach to the back of the ears with a glue gun.
For a super-simple version with an hessian now twist, try these Easy Easter Bunny Ears.