How to Make Baileys and Banana Cupcakes
Our friends at Wilton keep on exciting our tastebuds with all their new baking ideas – we can’t resist the sound of these Baileys and banana cupcakes! Fun and fruity, they use shot toppers to ‘inject’ the Baileys into the cupcake, for a little extra theatre in your bake.
- 1 packet of cake mix » (or your favourite 4 egg cupcake cake recipe)
- 70g Wilton clear piping gel » (stirred until smooth)
- 1 large mashed ripe banana
- 120ml plus 3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream (divided)
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 480ml heavy whipping cream
- 35g icing sugar
- Wilton shot topper set »
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Prepare cupcake tins pans with cupcake cases.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, Baileys, vegetable oil, eggs and cinnamon with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly between baking cups, filling about 2/3 full.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on grid.
4. For icing, beat cream and sugar with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add piping gel and Baileys; continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat. Pipe or spread icing onto cupcakes. Top with cinnamon, if desired.
5. For infused cupcakes, cut a small opening in the tip of the Shot Tops Infuser. Place cut opening in Baileys and squeeze to fill. Insert into iced cupcake. When ready to eat, squeeze top of Shot Tops Infuser again to infuse cake with Baileys.