Owls are proving very popular to have around at the moment, so why not bring a little bit of nature into your own home? Have a go at making this sweet owl cushion, which can be made up in any colour or fabric combination you choose.
How to Make an Owl Cushion
You Will Need
- Owl template (below)
- Sewing Machine
- Heat n Bond/Iron-on Adhesive
- Two Buttons, for eyes
- Embroidery Thread
How to Make
- Use the template to cut two owl body shapes and set one aside.
- Cut four ear shapes from fabric to make two pairs. Place each pair back-to-back and machine or hand stitch around from A to B. Turn right sides out and press. Set aside.
- Draw the remaining template shapes onto the paper side of the Heat ‘n’ Bond in the quantities specified and cut out just outside the line. Iron these onto chosen fabrics following the pack instructions, then cut out more precisely.
- Arrange these on the body shape and press into place. Add button eyes and decorative stitches with embroidery thread.
- Place body back-to-back with other body shape and pin. Pin ears in place, remembering that they should be between the two panels facing downwards and inwards.
- Machine stitch 1cm from edge from point A to point B and turn owl right sides out and press.
- Add stuffing, then close seam by hand.