How to Make an Easy Advent House
If you’ve always wanted to make your own advent calendar but never quite had the time or confidence to go for something elaborate, this quick little project is perfect for you! We’ve used tones of grey and a shimmer of gold to create this easy advent house, which looks sophisticated and chic in your home but won’t break the bank!
1. Paint the advent house using a light grey acrylic paint and a paintbrush. Leave to completely dry and then repeat this step once more.
2. Using a bigger sponge, start to lightly dab the dark grey acrylic paint on top of the coat you have already done. This will give a textured look to the advent house. Leave to dry.
3. Build up the textured look by adding more paint to the surface of the advent house. Use smaller sponges and hard bristle paintbrushes to paint hard to reach places. Leave to dry.
If you not sure how dry the paint is, all you have to do is touch your project with the tip of your finger. If it feels quite cold or tacky, it needs to be left to dry a bit longer.
4. Use a gold pen to write on the countdown for Christmas.
5. All that is left to do… To fill each shelf with a little present!