Punches are a great craft tool and can be used for all manner of projects, not just for traditional papercraft makes like card making and scrapbooking. This pretty butterfly bonnet uses floral pastel papers to create beautiful headwear fit for any celebration!
– Adult help and supervision will be needed throughout this make.
How to by Hannah Read-Baldrey
How to Make a Butterfly Bonnet
Suitable for : Beginners
Time to make : One hour
You Will Need
- Lilac bonnet
- Butterfly craft punch
- Selection of pretty scrapbooking papers
- Wooden letters
- Paper flowers
- Glue gun
How to Make
- Use the butterfly cutter to cut out an array of butterflies in different pretty pastel colours, enough to cover the top of your bonnet. Working from the rim of the hat, fold each butterfly in half, along its body, then glue to the hat using the glue gun.
- Use wooden letters to spell your name across the front of the rim.
3. To finish, place the paper flowers around the rim.