How to Make a Watermelon Jar
Transform your jars into something bright and colourful with this easy make. Simple but fun, this watermelon jar will draw the eye anywhere you put it. It’s a great way to make use of all those empty jars you have lying around, and you get to use your crafty skills to add a new accessory to the home with the Dovecraft Enamel Effects.
1. Before you start, make sure you hand washed the jar and that it is clean and dry before you begin, this will help the paint leave a smoother effect on the glass.
2. Paint the main body of the jar with Dovecraft Enamel Effects in red. Use a light coating of the Dovecraft Enamel Effects to keep the jar translucent.
3. Leave to dry before applying another light coat and leave to dry once more so you’ll be able to hold the jar for the next step.
4. Around the rim use a clean brush and apply the Dovecraft Enamel Effects in green, this creates an effect that looks like the outside of a watermelon.
5. Leave to dry before applying another coat of green.
6. Now using the black Dovecraft Enamel Effects squeeze teardrop shaped pips directly from the bottle and on to the jar. This should leave opaque dots on the jar to give the craft an extra dimension.
7. Leave to dry.