How to Make a Washi Tape Bunny Card
It’s time to get out that stash of washi tape and find a use for it, in the form of a beautiful washi tape bunny for Easter! If you want to make a selection of cards, you could use templates of other animals or objects such as a chick or an egg too.
Tutorial and step by step images by Emily Dawe.
1. Peel and stick lengths of washi tape, tearing or cutting slightly shorter than the height of the card.
2. Carry on sticking the washi tape down, alternating designs, until most of the card is covered. It’s ok if some of the tapes slightly overlap.
3. Either draw a rabbit shape freehand onto a piece of purple card, using our photo as a guide. Or download a template, trace it onto thin card and use this to draw round.
4. Cut a cross in the centre of the drawn rabbit with a craft knife, then use a small pair of scissors to carefully cut the rabbit shape out.
5. Apply some glue to the back of the purple card, then position it over the washi tape and press out any air bubbles.