How to Make a Strawberry Clay Charm Bracelet
Channel those sunny summer vibes in your accessories to brighten even the rainiest of days, with a sweet strawberry clay charm bracelet! Who can resist a juicy strawberry?!
1. Begin by rolling a pea-sized piece of air dry clay into the shape of a strawberry. Use a cocktail stick to make small dots all over the strawberry.
2. Make the leaves at the top of the strawberry by rolling a tiny sausage of clay and squash and shape with your fingers to make a leaf shape. Dab a little water onto the top of the strawberry and press 3 leaves gently in place.
3. Turn the strawberry into a bead by making a hole from the top to the bottom using the cocktail stick. Push the stick slowly through the clay, and twist as you do to avoid cracking and squashing the clay.
4. Make 2 more strawberries then leave in a warm spot overnight to dry.
5. Paint the strawberries with red and green acrylic paint using a fine tipped paint brush. You can put them on the cocktail sticks to make painting all the way round easier. You may need to add a few coats.
6. Once the paint is dry add a coat of Triple thick varnish to give a juicy shiny finish to the strawberries. Be careful not to varnish over the holes. Leave to dry.
7. Use the pliers to cut the eyepins in half. Thread a strawberry onto each one and bend the cut ends in to hide the sharp edge and keep the bead in place.
8. Use the pliers to open up the top of the pin just enough to allow you to attach it onto the charm bracelet. Close it up again and your charming strawberry bracelet is finished!