How to Make a Stag Christmas Card
Make an extra special card this Christmas for the one you love, with this lovely snowglobe reindeer die. There are lots of different ways in which the die can be used on different card blanks if you preferred more of a traditional card shape.
- Cut, score and fold white pearl card-stock to create a 20 centimetre square card. Open up the card, place onto the cutting mat as shown. Using a 13.5 centimetre circle die, centre the die 1 centimetre from the left edge.
- Score either side of the half circle and fold to create an easel card. Cut a 19cm square from white pearl cardstock and mat onto a 19.5cm square cut from jade card-stock. Mat onto the inside back of the card. Cut a 17.5 centimetre by 2.5 centimetre strip from white pearl cardstock and mat onto an 18 centimetre by 3 centimetre strip cut from jade cardstock. Mat onto the inside back of the card with foam pads to create the stop.
- Cut a 19 centimetre by 9 centimetre rectangle from white pearl cardstock. Wrap a length of jade crinkled silk ribbon around the rectangle and secure on the back. Mat onto a 19.5 centimetre by 9.5 centimetre cut from jade cardstock. Mat onto the front of the card.
- Using the Snowglobe Reindeer die, cut one from white pearl cardstock. Mat onto acetate. Using the Xcut circle cutter, set the size to 8.2cm, 9cm and 9.7cm , cut from white pearl, jade and white pearl cardstock. Mat all the circles together and mat onto the card with foam pads. Mat the snowglobe onto the card.
- Using the Christmas Florals die set, cut four large and two small flowers from white pearl cardstock. Offset, layer and stick two large and one small together to create a poinsettia, repeat for the remaining flowers. Mat one flower onto card as shown. Using the Winter Florals die set, cut a selection from jade cardstock. Tuck and stick some leaves under the poinsettia.
- Using the Christmas Sentiments 2014, cut “Merry Christmas” from jade cardstock. Mat onto the stop as shown. Mat the remaining poinsettia and leaves onto the stop as shown. Tie a bow with jade crinkled silk ribbon and finish with faux pearls.