How to Make a Santa Christmas Eve Box For Kids
This festive little Christmas Eve box will get children squealing with excitement before Christmas. The projects in the box make a lovely Christmas Eve activity for children, who will love personalising and filling their boxes for Santa.
1. Paint the box red on the outside and gold on the inside, then set aside to dry.
2. For the belt, cut a 5cm wide strip of black card and glue it across the centre of the lid. Cut 4 more 5cm strips to fit the sides of the lid and box and glue in place to look like the belt wraps around the box. For the buckle, draw a 5cm square with a 2.5cm border onto gold card and glue onto the centre of the belt.
Sweetie Tree Decorations
1. Roll out some air dry clay to a thickness of about 1cm. Use a cookie cutter (ours was about 8cm diameter) to cut out two circles. Make a hole near the edge using a straw and leave to dry overnight.
2. Draw festive swirls on the clay with pencil then paint green and red. Leave to dry, then paint a personalised message to Santa on the back.
3. Once dry, add a coat of varnish for durability and a shine. Thread through a length of red ribbon for hanging.
1. Use a pencil to mark out an outline of a carrot, mince pie and glass of milk onto the plate.
2. Write a Christmas message and add semi-circles around the rim.
3. Use Sharpies to go over the pencil and add lots of colour to the plate.
1. Glue a reindeer foam shape onto the front of the envelope, then glue on a red pom pom for Rudolph’s nose.
2. Mix 2 or 3 table spoons of porridge oats with some glitter and pour into a small clear plastic bag sealed with tape, or straight into the brown envelope and seal this with tape.
Reindeer Hot Chocolate
1. Fill three quarters of the cone bag with hot chocolate. Pop white marshmallows on top and seal shut with sellotape.
2. Use strong glue to glue on the googly eyes and red pom pom nose. Bend pipe cleaners into the shape of antlers and tape onto the back of the reindeer’s head. Glue a stripey pipe cleaner around the top of the bag to conceal.