How to Make a Musical Rain Stick
It’s Children’s Hospice Week this week, so our lovely partners at Together For Short Lives had a go at making some fun musical rain sticks that the kids will love both making and using! All you need are some cardboard tubes, and lots of bright decorations to get going!
Find out more about our Children’s Hospice Week event on our Facebook page >
1. Line up two cardboard tubes, end to end, and using the coloured tape secure them together.
2. Again, using the tape decorate the length of the tubes and seal one end.
3. Using your glue gun, decorate the tube further with ribbon, buttons and pipe cleaners.
4. Curl 2 pipe cleaners around your finger and then insert into the open end of the tube.
5. Open your packet of buttons, remove the largest ones and pour the rest into the open end of the tube.
6. Seal the end of the tube with tape, knot some pieces of ribbon together, and using your glue gun affix to both ends.
7. Add any final decorations and enjoy shaking and twisting your rain stick!