How to Make a Medieval Castle
In Medieval times, castles were not only built for defence, but also for entertaining – get busy building your own with this how to make a Medieval castle project.
Project with thanks to Suzie Attaway
Skill level : Intermediate
Time to make : Four hours
1. Paint the outside of the large cardboard tube with two to three coats of blue paint.
2. Draw some turrets around the top of the smaller cardboard tubes and cut out with scissors. Paint the inside and outside with 2 coats of blue paint.
3.Draw some window shapes on white paper and cut out. Then draw a large door shape on brown paper and cut out. Stick to the painted cardboard tubes with glue.
4. Draw frames on the windows with a grey paint pen. Outline the door, and draw a line down the middle plus two handles.
5. Draw horizontal lines around the tubes followed by vertical lines to create a brickwork pattern.
6. Stick the tubes together with glue.
7. Draw round half a side plate on a sheet of red corrugated card and cut out. Roll into a cone, and staple to hold in place. Glue to the top of the large cardboard tube.