How to Make a Hello Spring Aperture Card
Take a look at the tutorial below to find out how to make your own ‘Hello Spring’ aperture card. Dovecraft » have a brand new collection for spring, and we’re so excited to show you the gorgeous papers and embellishments that we’re stocking this Easter!
- Trim down a sheet of pale peach ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat onto the inside of an aperture cut card. Leaving a thin white boarder around the edge, glue in place.
- Trim down a sheet of peach ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat onto the front of the card. Leaving a white border around the edge. Roughly cut out the aperture. Leave to one side.
- Trim down a sheet of floral ‘Hello Spring’ paper, to mat on top of the peach layer. Leaving a thin peach border around the edge. Hold in place, draw around the aperture on the reverse, and cut out. Leave to one side.
- Draw in pencil first a ‘Hello Spring’ caption to fit the aperture. When you are happy with the design, draw onto a piece of vellum paper using a fine black pen. Cut down to fit onto the card front leaving a border around the edge. Glue in place.
- Now glue down the peach layer over the vellum. Do the same with the floral layer.
- Back a few floral stickers onto white paper and fix them onto the card front around the aperture using 3D foam pads. Back the two heart stickers and fix in place using a double layer of 3D foam pads where necessary.
We’re always keen to see your crafts, so tag us @hobbycrafthq on Instagram, or @hobbycraft on Twitter using the #MakeItSpring hashtag.