How to Make a Floral Wicker Heart
Create something special to hang on your wedding day using a wicker heart decoration. This simple but beautiful make adds a handmade touch to your wedding, and could be used to decorate your venue on the chairs, top table or simply hung around the venue for added rustic charm.
Made by Krissi McGilton.
1. Take your roses, and trim the stems short. Place on your wicker heart in a cluster on one side.
2. When you are happy with the placement of your roses, glue in place with a glue gun.
3. Trim the stems from your white flowers. It’s best to choose a flower that is smaller than the roses, to add contrast and interest.
4. Dot your smaller white flowers in and around the roses, some facing in different directions. Make sure to cover any gaps in between the roses.
5. Glue in place with your glue gun.
6. Cut a length of ribbon at least 10cm long from the pink satin and ivory lace ribbon.
7. Loop these ribbons through the hoop on the top of the wreath and either tie the ends together in a knot for a rustic look, or use your glue gun to stick the ends down, one on top of the other, with roughly a 2cm overlap.
8. Hang in place at your venue!