Hit the hottest trend in crafting right now, with this beautiful wearable felt cactus by Love From Hetty and Dave designer, Zoe Larkins. Great as a gift or a quirky little present to yourself!
How to Make a Felt Cactus Brooch
How to Make
1. Using the templates, cut out your shapes and place them together, ready to stitch.
2. With white thread, stitch the pot to the cactus, adding a running stitch line for the rim of the pot. Stitch the flower to the top of the cactus, then create 4 rows of running stitch down the length of the cactus to make the spines.
3. Join up the lines in the running stitch, and make a little cross where the stitches meet.
4. Once all the cactus detail has been stitched, pin to a piece of green felt, and carefully trim around it to create the backing.
5. Unpin the pieces, and stitch your brooch back onto the green felt.
6. Pin both cactus and the back together again, and starting on one side of the pot bottom, stitch all the way around the cactus.
7. When you reach the other side of the pot, carefully poke in a small amount of stuffing to pad out your cactus.
8. Once you are happy with the way your cactus has been stuffed, stitch up the remaining gap, and hey presto! Your very own felt cactus brooch!