How to Make a Christmas Origami Gift Box
Impress your friends and family with this Christmas origami gift box! Origami is the Japanese art of folding paper into decorative shapes that can displayed as they are or be used for other projects like this one. It also makes for an amazing statement on cards and gift wrap, perfect for that special someone.
1. Take a 12″ x 12″ piece of Christmas paper and cut it down to 8″ x 8″ piece.
2. Mountain fold: Fold the paper in half and open it back up. Turn it 90 degrees, fold again and open it back up. There will be two lines that will look like a cross when opened.
3. Valley fold: Fold the paper diagonally and then open back up. Turn it 90 degrees, fold again and open it back up.
11. Use double sided tape on the inside to stick all the folds together.
12. Apply pressure to the paper where you have stuck double sided tape. This is how it should look when done… Make sure all the folds are at the front and it is flat on the back.
13. Use a white Posca pen to draw dots on the lid of the mache box.
14. Use a glue gun to stick the tree and embellishments such as a bow and buttons onto the lid of the box.