How to Make a BFG Dream Jar
Struggling to think of something for World Book Day? Here’s a quick make you can do easily – a dream jar from the BFG! You only need a few simple things to create this make, and either find a waistcoat and trousers to transform into the BFG himself, or fashion a simple dress from a pillowcase to go as Sophie.
- Stick or old spoon
1. Open your mason jar, and fill a third full with water. Add a small amount of one colour of ready mixed paint.
2. Stir until the paint is mixed in fully.
3. Fluff up your cotton wool or toy stuffing a bit, then put it into the jar.
4. Top up with a little more water so you have about two thirds of the jar full.
5. Shake some glitter into your jar – you will need about a teaspoon or so.
6. Top up your jar with another colour of paint – I chose pink.
7. Do not stir – let it swirl around but do not mix the colours.
8. Finally, top up with your third, darkest, colour. Screw the lid on tightly, and you’re ready to go!