How to Decorate a Mache Reindeer
Nordic patterns and prints are growing ever-popular around Christmas time, and this mache reindeer project incorporates this trend perfectly!
If you’ve got a steady hand and a talent for drawing then go free hand with your designs, or if drawing’s not your strong suit, use a stencil to help you out. Glittering antlers and a jingle bell nose make this chap the perfect festive ornament!
1. Spread PVA glue onto both fronts of the reindeer’s legs and antlers, and then sprinkle with glitter. Leave for a few moments and then tap off the excess, then leave to dry completely.
2. Once dry, paint another thin layer of PVA glue to secure the glitter in place.
Top Tip! When you are glittering the front and back of the reindeer’s legs, do not glitter the inside of the joints (where you will attach the pieces together) as this will make it difficult to assemble the reindeer.
3. Repeat steps one and two for the back of both of the reindeer’s legs and antlers.
4. Whilst the legs are drying, draw out a Nordic design with white pen on the front, back and sides of the reindeer’s body. Make sure that your design lines up on both sides of each piece.
5. Glue a red bell to the reindeer’s nose using a glue gun.
6. Assemble the reindeer.