How to Make a Festive Wellies Card with Tattered Lace
It might seem crazy, but a Crafters Christmas is always mid-way through the year – to make sure that the essentials are stocked, and your favorite new products are raring to go for the festive season. With that in mind, I’ve used some of the great range already available in Hobbycraft to make this cute festive wellies card with Tattered Lace. Perfect to start your Christmas in July!
How to Make a Festive Wellies Card
You Will Need
- Hobbycraft Ice Blue Paper Pack
- Tattered Lace Wellies die
- Tattered Lace Essentials Circles die set
- Dark Brown Alcohol Marker Pen – we used Spectrum Noir EB8
- White cardstock
- Printed or stamped sentiment
- Quickie glue pen
- Crystal Glitter
How to Make
- Cut, score and fold white cardstock to create a 13cm card. Cut a 12.5cm square from backing paper and mat onto the card.
- Cut an 11cm square from white cardstock and colour the edges with the alcohol pen. Mat a 9cm square cut from a second backing paper onto a 10cm square, cut from white cardstock. Mat onto the brown edged square and use 3d foam to mat this onto the card.
- Using the Wellies die, cut one from white cardstock. Snip away the detail in the middle and mat the outline onto backing paper. Cut around the edge and use the quickie glue pen and crystal glitter to highlight areas of the design.
- Mat the wellies onto the card in the bottom right corner using 3d foam.
- Print out or stamp a sentiment and use an Essentials Circle to cut out the sentiment.
- Cut a second circle from white cardstock and colour the edges with the alcohol marker. Mat the sentiment onto this.
- Use the quickie glue pen to add a little decoration to the sentiment and coat with glitter. Mat to the top left of the card as shown.