Nothing beats a handmade card on Fathers Day, this card is quick and super easy to do, and can easily be personlised through the toppers that are used and the colours of the decorative papers, using alphabet stamps also allows you to stamp out your very own personal greeting.
Happy Fathers Day Card
Skill level – beginner
Allow – 1 hour + drying time
You will need -
- Card blank
- Decorative paper/card
- Card embellishments and toppers
- Star craft punch
- Glue dots
- Alphabet stamps
- Ink pad
- Foam pads
- Double sided tape
How to make -
- Using a guillotine cut off approximately 1 centimetre from each of the three open edges of your card blank.
- Cut a strip of your chosen accent paper (roughly one third the size of your card) along the left hand edge with double sided tape.
- Select an embellishment and cut to size so that it runs the length of the card, position and secure in place.
- Attach the wooden embellishment using super glue.
- Using a star craft punch and your accent card/s punch out approximately ten stars and attach these using sticky dots.
- Cut a rectangle piece of accent card to the desired size.
- Using the same embellishment as previous, stick this down the right hand edge of the rectangle.
- Using letter stamps and complimentary blue ink pad (make sure you’ve done a test piece before stamping the final design), stamp out greeting and leave to dry for ten minutes.
- Once dry attach rectangle using foam pads to the card.
- Insert complimentary card blank, making sure that this card is larger than the one you’ve been working on before securing in place.
- Secure to the inside of the Kraft card using double sided tape.