These cornflake cakes make great Easter gifts. Simply pop into a cellophane bag and tie with pretty ribbon or twine and add a hand crafted luggage tag.
Total time required : 3 hours 30 minutes
Prep time : 20 minutes
Setting time : 2 to 3 hours
Decorating time : 10 minutes
Skill level : Beginner
Ingredients – makes 12 cornflake cakes
- 100 grams Butter
- Six tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 250 grams Milk / dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 200 grams Cornflakes
- Decorative chocolate eggs, to decorate
How to make
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with white cupcake cases.
- Place the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat and continue to stir the mixture until everything has melted and combined.
- Leave the mixture to cool a little before adding in the cornflakes. Stir the ingredients together carefully using a wooden spoon so as not to break the cornflakes up too much.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into each of the cases, if there is any mixture left divide the remaining mixture between the cases.
- Place two or three chocolate eggs on top of each cornflake cake.
- Place in the fridge to set for two to three hours, alternatively leave overnight. However if you can’t wait that long, they can be eaten after making, they might just be a little messy!