Want to make something a little different for Easter that can be enjoyed by everyone? Why not try making up your own Easter hamper using items that you’ve made yourself. Anything goes when making up your own hamper, from home made preserves to spread over hot cross buns, to homemade Simnel cake to tuck into after lunch.
Easter Hamper Making and Baking
Time to make : Around 30 minutes
Suitable for : Beginners
What you Need
- Wicker hamper
- Wire flowers
- Kraft luggage tags
- Cellophane wrap
- Cellophane bags
- Tissue paper
How to Make
- Decant loose tea into jars, and decorate with a handmade label along with some ribbon and twine.
- No hamper would be complete without some sweet treats! Why not bake some cookies and present them in a jar, decorate with ribbons and a tag.
- Alternatively you could layer dry ingredients in a jar and include a recipe on the outside of the jar letting the recipient know how to use the ingredients.
- Why not include homemade preserves in the hamper? Decorate beautifully with a ribbon and a tag.
- Include homemade chocolate eggs in a painted egg carton, or a chocolate slab packaged in patterned cellophane.
- Select your hamper and fill with raffia, then add your gift wrapped homemade edibles.