Give a warm welcome with this delightful spring bunting wreath – And they don’t have to be just for your front door; wreaths make great decor inside the house too! This DIY spring bunting wreath can be used to decorate all over your home, from the kitchen to the bedroom.
Allow : 50 minutes + drying time
Skill level : Beginner
Spring Bunting Wreath
What you’ll need
- Polystyrene wreath
- Wool or yarn
- Felt sheets
- Felt toppers
- Crochet bee (optional). We made ours by using the pattern on page 85 of 100 Flowers to knit and Crochet by Lesley Stanfield
- Pearl head pins
How to make
- Start by wrapping the wool around your polystyrene wreath. To secure the ends of the wool tie in a knot and place a pearl head pin through the knot and into the polystyrene wreath.
- Cut triangles out of your choice of coloured felt and secure to a length of twine using fabric glue. Secure the ends of the twine in the same way as the wool, by tying a knot at each end and placing a pearl head pin through the knot and into the wreath.
- Secure felt embellishments onto your wreath.
- If you have made a crochet bee, position on your wreath and then secure in place with a pearl head pin.