Move over, Christmas! Decorating your front door for Easter is the new welcoming trend on the block! Sprucing up your front door for Spring is the perfect way to get the kids involved in some Easter-themed making. And, why not have the kids decorate their own bedroom doors as well as other doors in the house?…
DIY Easter Door Decorations
Allow : 1 hour 30 minutes
Skill level : Beginner
You will need
How to make
- Start by drawing out your bunny shape in pencil onto the card and cut out.
- Using the wool make a pom, the size of the pom is up to you (we made our pom pom using two 12cm diameter cardboard circles). Do no cut off the wool that you used to wrap around the middle of the pom as you will need this to secure the pom to the rabbit silhouette later.
- Cut triangles out of orange felt for the carrots. To make the green ‘stalks’ bend two pipe cleaners in half and secure to the back of the triangle using a hot glue gun. Leave to dry.
- Using your door as a guide draw out a mound of earth for your rabbit to sit on (using the image below as a guide) and cut out.
- Position the carrots onto the brown card, and using a craft knife and a ruler cut slits into the card for the carrots to sit in. Secure on the back of the brown card by placing a strip of tape across the back of the carrot.
- To secure your pom to the rabbit silhouette use the lead of your pencil to make a hole. Thread the long length of wool from the pom through the hole and secure in place with tape.
- Start by securing the carrot earth mound to your door using blue/white tack, then place the rabbit silhouette on the top, with the feet slightly overlapping the brown card of the earth mound.