Why not upcycle old wellingtons and boots to make quirky pots for the garden. A great way to share the memories of little or big feet.
Stick vinyl or Duck tape to wooden plaques to label all the pots, fruit trees and vegetables growing on the patio. Vinyl and Duck tape are waterproof so they make the perfect resource for the job.
Cricut Explore Wellie Boot Plant Pots
Suitable for: Beginners
You will need
• Wellington boot – drainage holes can be drilled in through the bottom
• Cricut Explore™ machine and Design Space™ software
• 12” x 12” standard grip cutting mat
• Cricut vinyl or Duck tape
• Cricut tool set
• Vinyl transfer tape / low tack masking tape
How to make
- Log on to your Design Space™ account and connect the Cricut Explore™ to the pc/laptop/Mac.
- On a blank canvas, add a text box. Use the ‘Edit’ window to choose a font and re-size accordingly.
- Use ‘insert image’ to search for raindrops. Once sized, copy and paste three times.
- Cut each layer out of vinyl or Duck Tape. Weed out the areas not required using the Cricut weeding tool.
- Use transfer tape/low tack masking tape to transfer the images on to the wellington.
- Fill with compost and flowers ready to brighten the garden or front doorstep.