The Cricut Explore industry is booming! It’s the perfect tool for craft sellers wanting a professional finish to their projects. The Explore will cut a wide range of materials, including paper, card, vellum, acetate, vinyl, fabric, craft foam, leather and poster board; broadening its use to quilting, fashion, home decor, jewellery and papercraft. With its precise detailed cutting ability, alongside the write and score feature, perfect results are achieved and can be repeated time and time again.
Your Cricut Explore Industry
Projects are easily designed and saved in Design Space, the free internet-based software supporting Explore. They can be personalised using either the 200 Cricut fonts or those stored on your system. With 25,000 plus images available to use from the image library as well as the ability to upload your own images, the design capabilities are truly endless. Apart from the licensed images (Disney and so on), there is also an angel policy allowing any image to be used in projects that you sell.
There are lots of project ideas, including 50 free ones, already on Design Space which can be made instantly or customised.
Some possible project ideas include :
- Wedding stationery and accessories
- Cupcake wrappers and toppers
- Gift boxes
- Altered clothing, bags and home decor items
- Mobiles made from felt or fabric
- Leather, fabric or felt jewellery
How to Make a Personalised Tote Bag
You Will Need
- Cricut Explore machine and Design Space software
- 12 inch x 12 inch standard grip mat
- Iron-on vinyl
- Tote bag
How to Make
- Select the tote bag blank canvas and customise to the dimensions of the bag you are altering.
- Add a text box and enter the text required. Using the ‘Edit’ box, select a font.
- Adjust the size of the text to fit the customised blank canvas.
- Change the image to ‘mirror image’ on the mat preview screen.
- Ensure the iron-on vinyl is firmly attached to the cutting mat, carrier sheet downwards. Cut the text.
- Remove the unwanted vinyl from around the image. Iron the text on to the tote bag according to the instructions on the iron-on vinyl.