Your Cricut Explore Christmas Tree Card
Make your own pine forest Cricut Explore Christmas tree card, complete with woodland creatures using the Cricut Explore or Explore Air. The wording has been highlighted using red ribbon to make your festive message really stand out!
1. Connect the Cricut Explore or Explore Air to the PC/laptop/Mac, log on to your Design Space account and create a new project. Click ‘Insert image’, select ‘cartridges’ and search for ‘Simple Holiday Cards’. Locate and select the ‘Have a Merry Christmas card’ (#M36E79).
2. Hide the envelope and its associated score line by clicking on their eye icons in the layers window. This will make resizing the card easier.
3. Resize the images as required by first highlighting the image and then dragging the corner point. The size appears in a black text box as the image is altered. For this project, the image was resized to be 5.06 inches by 7.8 inches.
4. If you want to cut an envelope, unhide the envelope and its score line.
5. Score and cut the card base from Woodland design card, inserting the scoring stylus into the accessories port of the dual Cut Smart™ system when prompted and selecting ‘Cardstock’ on the Smart Dial™.
6. Cut the pine tree front from natural recycled cardstock.
Top Tip! Use the scraper tool to apply the cardstock/paper to the cutting mat to ensure good contact. If the resources are slightly heavier weight, select the halfway dot on the Smart Dial™ for either ‘Cardstock +’.
7. Carefully remove the cut images from the cutting mat using the spatula; this will minimise the damage to the image and mat.
8. Fold the card along the scored line.
Top Tip! Use the scraper to give a strong crease.
9. Stick two pieces of red ribbon behind the wording on the tree panel using double sided tape making sure they slightly overlap. Glue the tree panel to the card front.