Your Cricut Explore Advent Bags
Turn the countdown to Christmas into fun by creating these advent bags decorated with images and numbers cut using any of the Cricut Explore family; Explore, Air or One; and filling them with challenges, inspirational quotes and treats. They can be hung on decorative trees/twigs, door handles, noticeboards, twine ‘washing lines’ strung across a room or on your Christmas tree.
- Greaseproof paper/cloth
- Log on to your Design Space account and connect the Cricut Explore to the PC/Laptop/Mac/iPad/iPhone. Open a new blank canvas. Click on ‘Insert images’ and search for and select Christmas images.
Top Tip! Use the categories section to search under ‘Christmas’. The project sample used images for the 12 Days of Christmas as well as other general festive images.
- Resize each image to fit the gift bags by first highlighting the image and then dragging the corner point. The size appears in a black text box as the image is altered. Alternatively, use the edit window to specify a size.
- Using the ‘add text’ button, type in the numbers 1 to 25.
Top Tip! Enter a line return between every four numbers otherwise the images will not fit on to a cutting mat. Select the font from the drop-down list in the edit window and resize the numbers.
- Cut the images and numbers from iron-on vinyl. Remember to check the ‘mirror image for iron-on’ button for all the images.
Top Tip! Use the scraper tool to apply the vinyl to the cutting mat to ensure good contact and no air bubbles.
- Remove the iron-on vinyl form the cutting mat. Cut around each image and weed away the unwanted vinyl.
- Iron the images and numbers on to bags according to the instructions on the packaging. Fill as desired. Hang up and enjoy the countdown!