3 Simple Scrapbook Paper Cards
When it comes to card making, sometimes simple is best – especially if you’re just starting out. Our colleague Danielle took some our new Hobbycraft Paper Pads and came up with three easy designs for simple scrapbook paper cards that are suitable for any occasion…
Designed and written by Danielle Bigland.
1. Cut different lengths and thicknesses of fishtail flags from 5 selected coordinating cardstock.
2. Layer onto plain coordinating backing paper, and trim to create a small border found each flag.
3. Align across the card blank, raising some flags using foam pads.
4. Cut a sixth flag in coloured card and layer into a white background, trimming to create an border as before.
5. Spell the sentiment using the alpha stickers.
6. Finish with a flamingo sticker!
1. Measure the card front, then divide equally by 2, leaving approx 8mm free. Cut 4 squares of plain card stock to these measurements.
2. Cut 4 pieces of the scrapbook papers just smaller than these squares so there is a several mm border. Layer these onto the plain card stock. Now glue all 4 squares onto the card blank ensuring an equal space all round.
3. Place some of the puffy stickers on each square.
4. Finish with a self adhesive sentiment from the sticker sheet.
Here & Now Card
1. Cut a piece of ombre scrapbook paper smaller than the card blank, and layer with another of the Rainbow Magic scrapbook papers, leaving a small border and attach to the card blank.
2. Cut a rectangular piece of white cardstock to the width/length of the card front and layer up with another piece of smaller scrapbook paper. Do this twice.
3. Place on the card across each other vertically and horizontally.
4. Cut two slithers of glitter card and run across each rectangle.
5. Cut a square from glitter cardstock and another slightly smaller from scrapbook papers and place at an angle on the card, just over where the 2 rectangular pieces meet.
6. Use the stickers as the main feature, and scatter the hearts from the same pack.