2 Ways to Make a Tattered Lace Fairy Card
Take the fairy love to the next level with a beautiful card using our new Tattered Lace fairy dies. Add as many embellishments as you like and hit the fairy garden trend – flowers, gems and greenery are all great additions!
Fairy Scene Card
1. Cut the die from the centre of a square card blank.
2. Cut the die again from vellum, glitter card stock and several other colours to piece together to ‘dress’ the fairy.
3. Cut relevant pieces from the die cut from the coloured card cuts to ‘layer up’ on the base. Eg, yellow for hair, pink for dress, vellum for wings etc. Do the same with the glitter card die cut for the castle. Save any ‘waste’ stars for later. Colour the fairy skin using Promarkers.
4. Cut the die again from pink card stock and use the ‘waste’ to layer up the card around the die aperture.
5. Cut a piece of acetate just smaller than the front of the card and adhere to the inside. Then, cut a ‘frame’ from white card and place this over the vellum to hide any edges and adhesives.
6. Add some faux stitching using a white gel pen.
7. Die cut the sentiment in both glitter card stock and white card stock. Cut to create seperate words. Layer the white on top of the glitter, offsetting slightly to create a shadow effect. Place where desired.
8. Use some of the stars from the glitter die cut ‘waste’ from earlier and adhere to the acetate. Scatter more on the card along with some pink stars from the pink die cut ‘waste’ along with gems.
9. Make a bow using pink ribbon . Centre with an embellishment.
10. Go over the ‘magic trail’ with the Spectrum Sparkle pen.
Fairy Portrait Card
1. Cut the fairy from white card stock and vellum.
2. Cut the skirt and wings from the vellum and adhere to the white die cut fairy using the glue pen.
3. Colour the wand, skirt and wings using the Spectrum Sparkle pen.
4. Cut a piece of card smaller than the card blank and round the corners.
5. Using the blending tool, blend the 2 inks together.
6. Stick the fairy to the card stock, then give this piece of card stock some faux stitching using a sparkly gel pen.
7. Stick some clear flat back gems around the wand.
8. Use foam pads to stick the card to the card blank at a jaunty angle.