Get your bake on this Valentine’s Day and show somebody you love just how much you care with some Valentine cupcakes. The fact they’re handmade just goes to show it even more!
If I do nothing else for Valentine’s Day I always bake something for my other half. I find that there’s nothing more satisfying than making something that we can both enjoy! If you’re short on time, or have limited baking skills, cupcakes are a great solution, particularly when using a Betty Crocker packet mix as all you need to do is add the wet ingredients.
19 Easy Valentine Cupcake Ideas
Heart Cupcakes by Aisha Green
Suitable for : Beginners
You Will Need
- Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing
- Food Colouring
- Heart Cookie Cutters
- Renshaw Ready-to-Roll Icing
How to Make
- Mix up the red velvet cake batter as per the pack instructions.
- Divide the frosting between three different bowls and add in the specified amount of food colouring.
- Apply the frosting to the top of the cupcakes creating a ‘dome’ shape using a palette knife, making sure the surafce is nice and smooth.
- Then comes the fun part decorating! Cut a selction of different sized hearts from ready-to-roll icing, and apply to the top of the cupcakes.